- Friday, Apr 26, 2019 9:00 AM - Saturday, Apr 27, 2019 5:00 PM PDT
The evangelistic challenges of the New Testament are laden with the call to plant churches, not simply to share the faith. The ‘Great Commission’ (Mt 28:18-20) is not just a call to ‘make disciples’ but to ‘baptize’ people, establishing them in a worshipping local church community allowing for holistic discipleship of the new Christian (Acts 2:41-47). If this is true, we must conclude that planting churches is an essential activity of every healthy church.
Join the Mannahouse Global Family for the Introduction to Church Planting intensive. This 2-day experience, held on the Portland Bible College campus, will assist leaders to develop a theological framework, assemble a strategic plan, and get on a clear pathway for church planting. This intensive is designed for lead pastors who want to plant churches, current and future church planters, as well as those re-launching churches needing renewal, and people who would consider being on a church’s launch team.
- A Theology of Church Planting, Church Planting in the Ministry of Jesus and the Ministry of Paul
- Church Planting Today
- Church Government and Apostolic Relationship
- The Preparation of the Church Planter
- The City, Timing, and the Sending Process
- Church Ministry Model
- Building Healthy Church Culture
- Strategic Planning for Pre-launch, Launch and Beyond
- Weekend Services
- Generational Ministry
- Finances, Structure, and the Constitution
- Next Steps: Vision and Strategy for Global Impact
PORTLAND BIBLE COLLEGE CREDIT
For those who desire, college credit may be obtained through PBC for an additional fee and coursework related to the intensive.
To Receive Credit from Portland Bible College
- Pay the $95 credit fee / PBC credit is being offered for this Intensive at 50% off the normal credit rate
- Choose the credit option at registration / Credit can not be chosen at or after the intensive
- Read a Book / The book must be purchased separately and is not included in the registration costs
- Write a Paper / This will be completed after the Intensive